home chooses a ready-made intranet solution
Since its establishment in 1989, the real estate chain home has grown to approx. 1000 employees in 180 stores across the country. The shops are owned by approx. 110 franchisees who annually sell homes worth more than 4 billion Euro.
home wanted to replace the classic server rooms and the choice was between moving the existing intranet solution out into the cloud or buying a completely new solution. After careful consideration, it became clear that it would be too expensive to develop further on the old intranet.
Considering the maturity and the costs that come with a modern and fully developed intranet solution, it was the right choice to go with a new intranet solution.
- It is important to us that employees feel updated with relevant content. It should be easy for them to find the information they need. In addition, local employees should feel like they are part of something bigger.
- Hanne Brandt, IT Manager
Parts of the communication between the chain's franchisees were quietly seeping out onto a number of different communication platforms. A development that occurred as a result of a greater need for communication via mobile devices that the old intranet could not facilitate.
- The time was ripe to consider more standardized intranet solutions, as the systems gradually meet many of the requirements we have in a hybrid organization like ours, says Hanne Brandt.
You can read the entire case via the form to the right.
Here you get:
- Insight into home's considerations and requirements for the intranet solution
- Examples of the power and value of a modern intranet
- A look into how the chain brings together franchisees online
- Automation of routines for handling user data